WFTO – start of 2009 edition
This is our first WFTO report for 2009. Our MySQL/Falcon team is mostly on vacation and therefore there was not that much activity in the last weeks. However, our team was very productive in fixing bugs.
Since my last report from 2008-12-26 we fixed around 11 Falcon related bugs. Compared to our last WFTO from 2008-12-26 we have 1 new test.
The development of our failed/passed tests ratio over time looks like:
- 1.29% – 3/233 (this report)
- 1.29% – 3/232 (last report)
- 1.75% – 4/229 (report before last one)
News for this week:
- John H. Embretsen fixed
- Kevin Lewis fixed
- Bug#34893 falcon_bug_22207.test causes steady memory increase
- Bug#36289 Running iuds6.tst leads to assertion in Falcon
- Bug#36700 Running falcon_bug_28048 shows increasing memory usage and run time
- Bug#39431 Falcon assertion (bitNumber >= 0) failed in Bitmap::setSafe
- Bug#40342 Falcon; big idle spike when running sysbench with 50 million table size
- Bug#41194 Falcon durability should occur earlier in the commit process.
- Bug#41835 Falcon crash in Table::getSyncPrior
- Sergey Vojtovich fixed
- Bug#41548 ALTER TABLESPACE does not work.
- Vladislav Vaintroub fixed
- Bug#41836 Falcon assertion assertion (state != None) failed at line 79 in file Sync.cpp
What about you?
We are interested in you! Where do you use Falcon? What do you do with Falcon? Are there any features you want to see in Falcon? You can test Falcon and get famous by providing valuable bug reports or even test cases for Falcon!
- The test language we use is described here: MySQL Test Framework
- List of Falcon related bugs you will find here: http://bugs.mysql.com/saved/FalconBugs
- A preview version of Falcon you will find here: http://forge.mysql.com/wiki/Falcon_Feature_Preview
- Our MySQL Forum dedicated to Falcon related questions is here: http://forums.mysql.com/list.php?133
- Our MySQL/Falcon related mailing list you will find here: http://lists.mysql.com/falcon
- To get latest Falcon source code, please see: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/6.0/en/installing-source-tree.html
- We successfully compiled our sources on Linux 32-bit and 64-bit, FreeBSD 32-bit and 64-bit, Mac/Intel and Mac/PPC, Windows 32-bit and 64-bit, and Solaris/x86 and Solaris/SPARC.