WFTO – start of April report
it is start of April and we were very busy fixing bugs. Kevin, Jim,
and Olav implemented our new CycleManager, which closed a lot of bugs.
Olav implemented our new TransactionState object, which we also
account for closing quite a few bugs.
Since my last report from 2009-03-20 we fixed around 17 Falcon related bugs. Compared to our last WFTO from 2009-03-20 we have 1 new test.
The development of our failed/passed tests ratio over time looks like:
- 1.20% – 3/249 (this report)
- 0.80% – 2/249 (last report)
- 2.51% – 6/239 (report before last one)
News for this week:
- Christopher Powers fixed
- Bug#38375 Falcon crash in Record::isNull
- John H. Embretsen fixed
- Bug#43982 falcon_team test suite should be run in PB2 in specific falcon branches
- Kelly Long fixed
- Kevin Lewis fixed
- Bug#34624 Falcon: Slave contains one more record than master after a replication test
- Bug#41742 Falcon REPEATABLE READ does not return repeatable results
- Bug#42459 Falcon transactional consistency broken on WHERE IN( … )
- Bug#43146 Falcon crash in EncodedDataStream::skip
- Bug#43298 Falcon assertion record->recordNumber >= 0 in Transaction::addRecord
- Bug#43299 Falcon crash in Record::addRef() – this=0xcccccccc00000000
- Lars-Erik Bjørk fixed
- Bug#40950 Falcon indexes broken for unsigned bigint
- Olav Sandstaa fixed
- Bug#41357 falcon.falcon_bug_34351_C fails with assertion IS_CONSISTENT_READ
- Bug#41665 Falcon crash in Transaction::waitForTransaction
- Bug#41850 Falcon reports 0 rows in table under concurrent workload
- Bug#43858 falcon_limit crashes in Transaction::visible()
- Bug#43958 Assertion (transState != NULL) failed in Transaction::waitForTransaction
- Vladislav Vaintroub fixed
- Bug#43562 Crash when creating a Falcon table after upgrade from 6.0.9 to 6.0.10
These are the three failing test cases.
- falcon_bug_22972 (test case issue)
- falcon_bug_24024 (test case issue)
- falcon_deadlock (this was fixed but a new problem showed up: Bug#43554)
What about you?
We are interested in you! Where do you use Falcon? What do you do with Falcon? Are there any features you want to see in Falcon? You can test Falcon and get famous by providing valuable bug reports or even test cases for Falcon!
- The test language we use is described here: MySQL Test Framework
- List of Falcon related bugs you will find here: http://bugs.mysql.com/saved/FalconBugs
- A preview version of Falcon you will find here: http://forge.mysql.com/wiki/Falcon_Feature_Preview
- Our MySQL Forum dedicated to Falcon related questions is here: http://forums.mysql.com/list.php?133
- Our MySQL/Falcon related mailing list you will find here: http://lists.mysql.com/falcon
- To get latest Falcon source code, please see: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/6.0/en/installing-source-tree.html
- We successfully compiled our sources on Linux 32-bit and 64-bit, FreeBSD 32-bit and 64-bit, Mac/Intel and Mac/PPC, Windows 32-bit and 64-bit, and Solaris/x86 and Solaris/SPARC.